- 2.5 litre straight 6 with Lucas Fuel Injection. 150bhp at 550rpm.
- 4 speed box with overdrive on 2nd 3rd and 4th.
- 0 to 60mph (when new) 8.6 sec max speed 119mph (Autocar)
- Built 11th August 1971 and first registered 20th August 1971
- Complete off chassis rebuild 2005-2006.
- Best TR and best TR6 at the TR Register Birmingham 2015 Concourse meeting.
- Cost in 1972 £1333 19s 1p. value now a little bit more.
Current owner uses it for holidays at home and abroad.
Quote from Autocar 17th April 1996:
“It is very much a masculine machine, calling for beefy muscles, bold decisions, and even ruthlessness on occasion. It could be dubbed the last real sports car ”
James May calls it “Real Blokes Car”